Sunday, July 27, 2008

insomnia...

so lately i have been doing a whole lot of soul searching. a little over a year ago, i sat at my grandmothers memorial service and listened to the wonderful things people had to say about her. i always thought she was something special but i figured it was because she was MY grandma and don’t we all think our grandmas are the best? what i realized is that she was quite a unique woman…and at that moment i realized i wanted to be more like her.

in a weird way, it is that realization that has led me here. my story, my journey, my life. originally i thought of this blog as a way to travel through my spiritual journey as i meet each week with a group of strangers ( well not really strangers anymore) at church. a way to secretly reflect on my thoughts and try to figure out my place here in life but ---a lot of what comes to mind each time i sit to write is about my father. the cancer is moving faster than originally thought. how quickly it goes from “treat-able” to terminal. so, i have less than a year to speak my mind, to ask the questions and to let him know he is loved. here’s the problem… when i sit next to him i CAN”T. you know the uncomfortable small talk that occurs on a first date???? yeah. that’s me. not me dating my father- :) but me not knowing what to say. any advice?

.....well enough of this…..


here are some of the reasons i am blessed…



Kevvie...











a 3 year old and all the crazy things she does to make me laugh...





and a job i LOVE!

3 comments:

ya ya's mom said...

hey lori, what if you sent your dad to this blog? maybe that would open up the line? just a thought :) love ya!

Lori said...

Lori, I didn't know you had a blog. I am looking forward to reading about your journey. I have been a Christian for most of my life and I am still learning and growing and changing, everyday into who God wants me to be.

I am praying for you in this time. I'm sorry you are going through this with your dad. (((HUGS)))

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!