Saturday, July 19, 2008

birthday mystery

so, last week was my birthday. monday night i was putting abby to bed when kevin mysteriously vanished. he returned and called abby out to the garage??? ahh, a quiet moment. just as i was dozing off, abby returns...

she whispers "mommy, we have a surprise for you. it's a secret"
really

whispering a little louder, "
it's a secret i can't tell you"
oh abby, i can't wait, i am so excited!

talking now "
it's breakable"
ok abby, don't tell me anymore, you can show me tomorrow...
"i
t's a glass and a candle and a hula girl."

at this point, i begin the la, la, la, la I can't hear you because i didn't want her to spoil kevin's surprise. but at the same time i really wanted to ask her more...a hula girl??? all i can picture in my mind is the leg lamp from "the Christmas story"...oh, dear what has kevin done? i was really curious now!!!



now, i just about fell over laughing tuesday morning when she brought me my "hula girl".....



it was a beautiful Ugandan basket of goodies kevin put together with green raffia in the bottom...my hula girl!

2 comments:

ya ya's mom said...

ok, could kevin be any more thoughtful? wow! and i'm an ass...happy birthday late!!!

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!