Friday, September 5, 2008

you can let go now daddy...

so tonight i think i said my final goodbyes to my dad. tomorrow i think he will be in heaven. he is no longer responding to those around him and his breathing is labored. what a change - from even last night. each day this week has been shocking when i walk in to spend time with him. it has been like a time travel going too fast! no wait, i am not ready!

it's weird, i think death smells like chamomile tea - i don't think i will be able to drink it anymore. or maybe when i need some "time" with my dad i should drink it to remember him. it will help remind me of the strong man he has been and how he made sure each one of his kids were ok before he left.

there is a knot in my tummy right now and i feel totally lost. somehow even with the reality of it all, i am still in disbelief that it is coming anytime.

3 comments:

ya ya's mom said...

oh my lori...no words to tell you how sad i feel for you...i'm even tearing up as i write this comment to you....even though we knew it was coming, it doesn't make it any easier, huh? the song you have on is beautiful too.

kelly said...

My heart is aching for you, I know how you feel. I lost my dad on January 1, 2007 to lung cancer it was like the last two weeks of his life just went real fast. We finally told him that it would be okay to go we would be ok. It hurts alot still but we know he is in a better place and he isn't suffering anymore.

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!